The Delaware Young Playwrights Festival (DYPF) is a program designed to provide an outlet for DE students grades 8-12 to get the professional playwright treatment! From standards-based feedback on first-round drafts to thorough workshops with industry professionals, playwrights selected in DTC’s festival bring their ideas from page to stage. The following five selected playwrights participated in a series of play-writing workshops with professional theatre artists from Delaware Theatre Company. These workshops helped to further refine the writing of these playwrights, and ready their works for a public showcase performance on March 8, 2018 at 7:30 p.m. At that time, the DTC will also acknowledge the plays selected as honorable mentions, and celebrate all the DE students who wrote plays for the competition this year.
The five finalists for the 2018 Delaware Young Playwrights Festival:
• Anxiety by Celia Cumisky, MOT Charter H.S.
• Aptitude by Ben Connor, Mt. Pleasant H.S.
• Memory Lane by John Morrison, St. Elizabeth H.S.
• Morning Chat by Mai Gibson, Dover H.S.
• So, I’ve Been Thinking… by Maureen Carroll & Cat Enslen, Ursuline Academy