Through its Speakers Bureau Program, the Delaware Humanities Forum offers a wide selection of informal presentations designed to promote a better understanding of the world in which we live. These programs are offered to our member Delaware non-profits and other types of organizations.
The application process for the Speakers Bureau is now online!
Click here to create an account and submit an application! Not ready to apply? You can preview the application here.
Need help? Read the application tutorial and let us know if you have any questions about the process.
To Host a Speakers Bureau Program:
1. Look through the Speakers Bureau Catalog and select a program. The catalog also includes more detailed instructions for requesting and hosting a talk.
2. Contact the speaker directly and arrange a date and time for your program. Be sure to discuss any audio/visual needs with each scholar.
3. Request your presentation at least four weeks before your program date through our online application.
4. You will be emailed if your request is approved and prompted to log-in and digitally sign your grant agreement.
5. Submit the Grant Agreement and payment by check to Delaware Humanities prior to your program.
6. Distribute audience evaluations at the program and return them online via USPS or within one week to the Delaware Humanities Forum. Do NOT fax.
7. After the program, log-in and complete the Program Coordinator evaluation. Be sure to return your completed audience evaluations!
The below programs were added in the Summer of 2016:
Flash Fiction by Mary Pauer
Hamilton: More Than A Musical by Eric Mease
Life in the Past Lane: Countries Roads by Mike Dixon
Predictions and Promises that Proved to Be Wrong by Ed Okonowicz
Nothing to Fear: The Triumph of FDR by Daniel Pritchett
The Humor of Abraham Lincoln by Larry Koch
The Life and Impact of Jackie Robinson by Ron Whittington
The Past is Never Dead: The Bitter Legacy of the Civil War by Daniel Pritchett
Voices of the Outsiders: Rock and Roll’s Unsung Artists by Joel Glazier
Available programs can also be viewed online by category below: